My fiancée and I are planning our honeymoon to Hawaii for this coming August. I have been to Hawaii several times; he has never been. We have already decided on our locations: one week on Oahu and then one week on Kauai. I am looking for advice about:
- Oahu: where to stay? I would like to spend at least a few nights in Honolulu/Waikiki because it's touristy and fun. Should we break up our time in Oahu and spend half the week there and half the week somewhere else?
- Oahu: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - any suggestions on great, but inexpensive places you've stayed? We are looking to go more budget friendly (less than $200 a night) as I know we will be out doing things for most of the time we are there.
- Kauai: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - I would like to stay in Poipu (first choice) or Lihue (second choice) and I am looking for a more traditional, relaxing, beach, great pool hotel. We have budgeted for more here (up to $400 a night). Would love any suggestions on accommodations!
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 2 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 3 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 4 road trip
- 5 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 6 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 7 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 8 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 9 FLL to Key West
- 10 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 11 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 12 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 13 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 14 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 15 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 16 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 17 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 18 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 19 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 20 New Itinerary
- 21 Las vegas and nearby
- 22 Cape Cod trip report
- 23 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 24 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions
- 25 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine