My fiancée and I are planning our honeymoon to Hawaii for this coming August. I have been to Hawaii several times; he has never been. We have already decided on our locations: one week on Oahu and then one week on Kauai. I am looking for advice about:
- Oahu: where to stay? I would like to spend at least a few nights in Honolulu/Waikiki because it's touristy and fun. Should we break up our time in Oahu and spend half the week there and half the week somewhere else?
- Oahu: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - any suggestions on great, but inexpensive places you've stayed? We are looking to go more budget friendly (less than $200 a night) as I know we will be out doing things for most of the time we are there.
- Kauai: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - I would like to stay in Poipu (first choice) or Lihue (second choice) and I am looking for a more traditional, relaxing, beach, great pool hotel. We have budgeted for more here (up to $400 a night). Would love any suggestions on accommodations!
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 2 US Trip
- 3 flagstaff
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 6 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 7 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 8 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 9 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 10 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 11 Maui - luau question
- 12 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 13 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 14 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 15 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 16 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 17 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 18 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 19 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 20 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Bryce and Zion planning
- 23 Country Walkers
- 24 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 25 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights