First time to Ireland in May. After 4 days in Dublin, renting a car and leaving about 11 am on a road trip. We don't like to be at a new B&B/hotel every day, so the plan is to drive and stay 2 or 3 nights in a place and do exploring from there. Made some reservations at certain towns, hoping the places are ok. We are flexible if needed. Suggestions on what to see along route, and what to explore from base towns would be fantastic. Love scenery and animals. My initial plan is:
15th--Leave Dublin 11am and drive to Galway. Current reservation at Cappa Veagh B&B.
18th--Depart Galway and drive to Killarney. Current reservation at Aghadoe View B&B.
21st--Depart Killarney and drive to Portmagee. Reservation at the Moorings Guesthouse.
22nd--Skelig Michael Landing Tour(hopefully Good weather)
23rd--Depart Portmagee and drive to somewhere between there and Dublin to explore and stay the night, no reservation yet.
24th--Leave from last B&B and drive to Swords. Reservation at Abbeyglen Cottage.
25th--Depart to PDX.
Any suggestion would be more than welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Renting a car in Greece
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.