So...just to give you a little background. My house flooded in Baton Rouge back in August. My husband and I did the majority of the work to get it livable again. My Mom came, without hesitation and lived in a 5th wheel with us that some great friends loaned us. She helped watch my then 2 month and 2 year old while my husband spent months rebuilding. She really was such a big help to us and I want to repay her in a big way. Sorry to give you all this information that you probably don't care much about, but I want y'all to know how special this trip is!
I want to surprise my Mom for Mother's Day with an Alaskan Cruise. I can recall, on more than one occasion, that this is one of 2 things on her bucket list. She would be absolutely shocked if I give this to her. Just so you know, my budget is about $2k, flight included. Looking at the flights, they currently run about $600 RT from both Seattle and Vancouver (for the ones that aren't overly long). I was hoping to include some spending money, but after seeing some of the prices, I'm not sure if it will be feasible. If I don't include spending money, my Mom will bring her own. I've already contacted one of her great friends who I know she would love to go with, and she has agreed to go with her.
The months that I am looking at that would work for her friend are July, August, and MAYBE Sept, but most likely July or August.
Some things that might effect the trip: My Mom has some hip and back issues so they would want to avoid things that require a lot of walking. Her friend has never been on a cruise, partially for fear of sea-sickness....something that she tends to get.
I was doing some reading and it seems as though taking and inside passage from Vancouver would be a preferred place to leave from. I know my Mom LOVES beautiful scenery and and would probably love to whale watch as well. Anything that is breathtakingly beautiful is right up her alley.
I want this to be as special as possible within the budget I have, so I would really appreciate all of your advice on what is the best Cruise Line(s) to take, best months to go, best type of room to get (considering the budget), etc. What are the MUST DO/SEE excursions that you would recommend given the information I have given you. Any advice you can give would by greatly appreciated!!!
Currently, I'm looking at the 7 day Cruises.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 0027815220148 powerful Psychic/extreme Astrologers/ traditional Portsmouth,
- 2 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Tauck River Cruises
- 5 Alaska Cruise-Definitely Not Cheap
- 6 Celebrity Millennium
- 7 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 8 Trip insurance
- 9 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 10 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 11 Costs all round when sick without adequate cover
- 12 Rental car return - Southampton UK
- 13 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 14 Best time to book Royal Caribbean cruise for best price?
- 15 Beaches on Grand Turk and Amber Cove
- 16 Surprise Alaskan Cruise for my Mom for Mother's Day
- 17 Alaska Cruise
- 18 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 19 Cabin mate for Norway cruise in July
- 20 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 21 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 22 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 23 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 24 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 25 European cruise suggestions?