Firstly, we are from Australia!!
I am travelling with my husband to a conference in Las Vegas and we have an extra week beforehand (5-13th May). We were thinking of flying into Calgary and driving to Vancouver over the course of the week in an RV.
1. would this be suitable in terms of sleeping in the RV or too cold still?
2. I read that you can still snowboard and ski Banff at this time, is this an indicator that there is a lot of snow coverage still around? We don't need to ski (extremely novice) but like to hike.
3. Hubby is a very keen and experienced flyfisherman and I am having trouble finding out when and were along that route would be suitable or if it is still all frozen!!
If it is suitable to drive at that time, what would be a good itinerary?
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thank you in advance, Luna
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 2 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 3 Victoria, Canada
- 4 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 5 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 6 Best places in Toronto
- 7 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 8 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 9 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 10 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 11 Newfoundland in early June
- 12 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 13 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 14 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 15 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 16 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 17 Nova Scotia in July
- 18 Cape Breton in early June
- 19 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 20 Magdalen Islands
- 21 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 22 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 23 Passport question for Int flight
- 24 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 25 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip