I'll be traveling with family to New Zealand and Australia next month, and am finally finding time to make travel plans. Included is my five year old son with special needs who is still not able to walk independently, but is too big to be carried. I figure i will pack a stroller and do the best that we can.
I have sent off inquiries to different travel companies, but want to check to see if it is possible/reasonable to rent a car and travel from Auckland and back in the seven days that we have. We are planning on spending two nights in Auckland, then i found an itinerary that has us going to Coromandel Peninsula (1 night);
Tauranga (1 night);
Hobbiton to Rotorua (2 nights)
Waitomo Caves to Hamilton (1 night)
Hamilton to Auckland (1 night) then fly out to Sydney.
What are your opinions? Is it doable? Is the driving reasonable given that we will have a toddler in the car?
I really appreciate any information. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel Sydney
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 4 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 5 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 6 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 7 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 8 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 11 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 12 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 13 One-day hike in Milford area
- 14 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 15 Best national park around Sydney
- 16 1 night stay around GOR
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 19 NZ repeat visitors
- 20 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 21 South Island Suggestions
- 22 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 23 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 24 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 25 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas