Ahoy fellow travellers.
I hope this isn't too big of a question but.... my partner and I are currently planning a 6-ish month trip to South East Asia, from Jan 2017 anywhere up early September 2017.
Planning the itinerary to make sure we stay with the good weather is proving to be difficult as I really want to travel quite slowly but I don't want to stay in one place too long and miss all the good weather! I'm hoping someone with a litttttle more experience than I, might be able to give us a few tips!
So far, I'm thinking;
Arrive Bangkok - 1 week (early Jan)
Mayanmar - 2 weeks ( mid Jan)
Northern Thailand - 3 weeks (late Jan/Feb)
Laos - 2 weeks (late Feb)
Vietnam - 4 weeks (March)
Cambodia - 2 weeks (early April)
Thailand Islands - 3 weeks ( late April-May)
Malaysia - 4 weeks (late May/June)
Singapore - 3 weeks (June)
Indonesia - 8 weeks (July-August)
I feel like certain places may be rushed but I wanted to make sure we got back to the islands for April/May because I've heard any later than that and we really risk not so great weather.... and I really don't want to skip Mayanmar!
I've also heard 8 weeks in Indonesia will be easy to fill due to how big it is so.... I'm thinking it looks like a lot, but maybe not?
Anyway, I've done a bit of research but, as i'm sure you guys know there is a LOT of information out there and I would love to hear from people who have actually done it/have the experience! I have no shame in admitting I am a total rookie ha-ha.
PS. If anyone is actually planning SE Asia for 2017, would love to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Toll-Free : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 3 Twin rooms in Japan
- 4 Hindu Mandir (Temple) in Karachi - Pakistan - A Documentary
- 5 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 6 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 10 sri lanka- tips required
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 15 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 16 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 17 Christmas in the Alps
- 18 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 19 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 20 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 24 Bali & Singapore in October
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
Ahoy fellow travellers.